Sometimes I need a timeout.
I'm sure I am not the only stay at home mom who needs a little break every once in a while from the whining 4 year old who can't always have the candy she wants for breakfast. Or the 6 year old who doesn't want to listen to his 4 year old sister scream in the car, so he proceeds to yell at her and tell her to "stop screaming" (even though that is what he is doing). Or the 9 year old girl (going on 14) who is freaking out because she has a bump in her hair and her mom just cant get it right so an eye roll clearly helps the situation.
Yes, I love ( and I mean TRULY love ) my children but sometimes I like to put myself on a timeout.... and this time I put myself on a timeout with my hardworking handsome husband.
We decided to head to one of our favorite getaway places in the entire world..... the most beautiful Tahoe. When we made the reservations last week it was beautiful and sunny at home and in the Sierra's...
But yesterday when we left for our getaway~ mother nature decided she was mad at us... and let the mountains have it.

We were not positive we would make it all the way through and we pretty much laughed the whole way there~ but thankfully the Heaven's smiled upon us and knew that we needed this timeout. 
Once we arrived, the sky's cleared and left us with the most beautiful views. We ate at the top of Harrahs at the Buffet and lets just say our tummies were most satisfied....
We casually walked around the shops and enjoyed the uncrowded South Lake Tahoe that we know and love. (side note: it is AWESOME going there in the middle of the week). 
The view from our hotel room was the best we've ever had. Probably another perk to going in the middle of the week.

Did you know my husband is a lost member of the Blue's Brothers?

The weather could not have been more perfect for us. The mountains were covered in snow but the sun was shining like crazy.

The colors of the lake were the most vibrant I think I have ever seen it. 

This timeout was so what the doctor ordered. A little rest and relaxation with my most favorite man in one of my most favorite places.
We decided that the timeout probably should come to an end so that the Grandma's could have their own relaxation time back. (thank you Grandma's).....

We did pick up some goodies for the kids just to let them know they were not completely forgotten on mom and dad's timeout.
It is great to be back home with our crazy kids. I am grateful to have them and that they allow their mom to have a timeout every once in awhile.

Those pictures of the lake are to die for! so happy you had a great time out :)
ReplyDelete